This tool allows the companies to temporarily block the Service Pack 1 that will come via Windows Update.
It Is tool can be used with:
* Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (valid during 12 months from the general announcement of Service Pack)
* Server Windows 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (valid during 12 months from the general announcement of Service Pack)
This set of tools is formed by 3 components. All of them work mainly to activate or to deactivate a specific key of the Registry that is used to detect and to block the unloading of Service Pack de Windows Update. You only must use the component that better adapts to the infrastructure of the computer science organization.
* Script - Group ADM - feasible Application signed by Microsoft
1. The feasible one creates a key of the Registry in the equipment in which it is executed that it blocks or it unblocks (following the option of line of commandos is used) the delivery of a Service Pack to the PC through Windows Update. The used key is HKLM \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate.
When option â€ś/Bâ€? of line of commandos is used, the name of the value nails â€śDoNotAllowSP ` is created and its value settles down in 1. This blocks value of the delivery of a Service Pack to the equipment by means of Automatic Update or Windows Update.
When the option â€ś/Or ` of line of commandos are used, the value of the registry previously created that temporarily blocked the delivery of a Service Pack to the equipment through automatic updates of Windows Update or takes off. If the value does not exist in the equipment in which it is executed, measures are not taken.
2. Script does just like the feasible one, but allows him to specify the name of the remote equipment in which it stops to block or to unblock the delivery of the Service Packs.
It Considers that feasible and the writing has been proven only like a tool of line of commandos and not altogether with other tools of mechanism or systems management of remote execution.
3. Group ADM allows the administrators to concern the configuration of group directive to block or to unblock the delivery of Service Pack. The administrators can use the Directive of Groups to execute the center of the action through systems in their surroundings.
Ten in account that this tool does not prevent the installation of Service Pack from the CD/DVD, or the independent package of unloading. This simply avoids that Service Pack is available through Windows Update.
Unloading Windows to 7/Server 2008 R2 SP1 Blocker ToolKit: http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/7/c/47cead36-e8a6-4657-94b5-c05f249b3801/SPBlockerTools.EXE